Blended: about 3 hours online, classroom time varies
Classroom: about 5 hours
2 years from the end of the month you take the class in
American Safety & Health Institute – $80 for individuals in our public classes
American Red Cross – $110 for individuals in our public classes
group discounts available for private classes
This course meets Iowa DHS guidelines for childcare providers. It also meets the standards of NAEYC and other related groups. American Red Cross does not have a specific “Childcare” program and childcare providers who need an American Red Cross class should choose the CPR/AED & First Aid option which also meets the relevant requirements.
Who should take this course?
- Anyone who wants or needs to receive a Childcare (Pediatric) CPR/AED & First Aid Certification
- Anyone who requires a CPR/AED & First Aid certification for their occupation in childcare, babysitting or other related field
What’s covered in this course?
- Adult, Child & Infant age groups (Iowa CPR only teaches courses that cover all ages groups)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) including assessment, chest compressions and rescue breathing
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) use including turning it on, pad placement and when not to use an AED
- First Aid for various age groups and focused on children
- First Aid techniques including caring for a wound, Epinephrine Auto-Injector (Epi Pen) use, properly removing contaminated gloves and caring for other emergencies
What instructional formats are available?
- Online Blended Learning for groups and individuals
- Classroom-based training for groups only
How do I register?
- If you’d like to see our full schedule please click here. When registering be sure to choose the “Childcare CPR/AED & First Aid” option.
- If you need training for your group or organization please click here to contact us.